Friday, September 21, 2007

Work, and was almost forgetting to summarize... not so clever :(

So, today I installed eclipse, release Europa for j2ee developers under /opt/eclipse.

simply downloaded, and extracted.
>gunzip blahblah
>cd /opt
>tar-xvf blablah


before that, i lost a little bit of time in writing a small script to initialize a workspace env variable if i open a terminal from my machine: pcitgd24... plus, it creates a hardlink to where the code is located ( /home/dfrodrig/workspace ).

then came the cvs checkout. using kerberos,
> export CVSROOT=:kserver:glite.cvs.cern.ch:/cvs/glite #I should consider putting this in the .bashrc too :S

and finally:
> cvs co GmsSameConsumer


so, the code is in my hands. Also, we should notice that I haven't read report1.pdf and report2.pdf, but this is under the documentation and has the test results up to now! Plus, it informs how things had beeen done.

In the meantime, i recalled how to use a cluster of machines for sending messages: this should be wassh... maybe I should fetch the old code somewhere :S



The cvs configuration followed the details written here:
https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EGEE/DevelopersGuide

although i use a kerberos to connect through the command line, eclipse only offers either pserver or extssh, so I'm using the latest.. let's see if eclipse does what it's supposed to!

No comments: